Mr. Myles has been engaged in complex commercial and business litigation for more than twenty years. He has defended and prosecuted partner and shareholder disputes, claims against officers and directors, professional liability claims, intellectual property disputes, franchise termination suits, and claims arising out of mergers and acquisitions.
His comprehensive litigation experience also includes product liability, insurance coverage, and other claims involving economic damages. Mr. Myles also advises businesses on matters involving the protection of intellectual property rights and other competitive advantages. He is National Director of the Defense Research Institute and a member of the International Association of Defense Counsel.
- Defense Research Institute
- Alabama Defense Lawyers Association
- American Bar Association, Business Torts and Corporate Counsel Committee
- Business Council of Alabama
- Torts and Insurance Law Journal, 1999 – 2000 Editor
- Cumberland Continuing Legal Education Program, Faculty Member
- Alabama Bar Association
- Mobile Bar Association
- Arbitration: Avoiding the Runaway Jury, American Journal of Trial Advocacy, Vol. 23:1, 1999
- Anti-Competitive Claims in the Retail Petroleum Market, For the Defense, August 2000
- Reliance: More than a Procedural Stepping Stone in Interest-Sensitive Life Insurance Class Actions, 74 Tulane Law Review 2113 (2000)
- Preemption of Claims Against Furnishers of Credit Information, The Business Suit (Oct. 28, 2004).
- Fantasy League Throws a No-No to Major League Baseball (Do Major League Players Have Copyright/Privacy Protections?), The Voice (Oct. 11, 2006)
- Supreme Court Extends Brooke Group “Predatory-Pricing” Test to Apply to Claims of “Predatory-Bidding”, The Voice (March 7, 2007)
- United States of America v. Jeffrey Stein, et al., More Fallout from the Thompson Memorandum, The Voice (August 1, 2007)
- Blaming the Caddy, Accountant and Lawyer Liability in Deals Gone Bad: Lessons Learned? Presented at DRI Program: Complex Commercial Litigation – Smart Strategies for Hard Cases (November 1-2, 2007)
- Arbitration Soup: Recipes for Avoiding and Defending Pre-Dispute Arbitration Presented at Cumberland Hot Topics Program (Dec. 2003)